A Development Permit is required for any development within the RM of McKillop. Please be aware that the approval process could take 4-6 weeks. If you have more questions please contact the office or our Development Officer firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, you will be invoiced for any extra building inspections, not including your initial Building Permit Fee.
Development and Building Permits
A DEVELOPMENT PERMIT (INFORMATON REQUIRED TO ENSURE ANY CONSTRUCTION IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE RM OF MCKILLOP ZONING BYLAW) MUST BE APPROVED BY THE DEVELOPMENT OFFICER. WHEN APPROVAL HAS BEEN OBTAINED FOR DEVELOPMENT, THEN A BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED AND APPROVED PRIOR TO CONTSTRUCTION COMMENCEMENT.
It is required by law that the RM of McKillop administer and enforce the Provincial Government’s Uniform Building and Accessibility Standards Act. This Act states that; the owner of each building in Saskatchewan shall ensure that the building is designed, constructed, placed, altered, repaired, renovated, demolished, relocated, removed, used, or occupied in accordance with building standards. Please read the following regulations and requirements in effect for the RM of Mckillop when commencing development. For further information please call the Development Officer at 306-725-3258.
- Development and Building Permits along with required documents are preferred to be provided electronically. If there is no access to a computer, they can be brought in or mailed to our office.
- All required documents must be included with a permit package at time of submission to ensure the package is not immediately rejected.
- as per Section 9.2 of the Zoning Bylaw a Geotechnical report prepared by a registered engineer specific to the site described in a permit or permit application, dated and signed within twelve (12) months of submission of the building permit application, shall be submitted to the local authority by the property owner along with the building permit application documents for all building permit applications involving an disturbance of the ground for purposes of installing any type of building foundation within 411.5 meters (1350 ft) of a water body or waterway.
- Development permits expire if development does not commence within 6 months of approval date.
- A Building Permit can only be issued if preceded by an approved Development Permit Application,
- Building permits expire:
- if not commenced within 6 months of approval date.
- after 48 months after approval date.
- If work is suspended for a period of six months; or
- If work is suspended for a period of longer than six months by prior written agreement of the local authority of its authorized representative.
- An extension may be granted at the Development Officers approval.
- Structures under 108ft2 require a development permit but do not require a development fee.
- Structures under 108ft2 do not require a building permit.
- All structures 108ft2 and over require a development and building permit.
- A Garage is permitted on a lot without a permanent principal Dwelling if a $5000 deposit has been paid to the RM to ensure a principal building will be built within 5years of the garage being built. Development and building permits for the principal dwelling must be obtained within the 5years or the deposit is forfeit.
- One Shed (accessory building up to 150ft2) is permitted on a lot without a permanent primary residence.
- A minor variance if 10% can be requested by way of Variance Request Application with approval provided by the Development Officer.
- A surveyor’s Real Property Report must be submitted once the foundation is complete.